This recipe takes 35 minutes and will serve 16
What you need:
- 100g self raising flour
- 300g porridge oats
- 100g mixed seeds
- 80g dried cranberries
- 80g dried cherries
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 1 apple grated (skin included)
- 150g Meridian Cocoa peanut butter
- 150g unsalted butter
- 100g meridian maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 170C/150C Fan/ Gas 3. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, seeds nuts and berries.
- Heat the peanut butter, butter and maple syrup in a saucepan. Stir well as it melts together. Once it’s melted, remove from the heat and add the apple.
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Spoon into the baking tin and press out to the edges and corners. Use a spoon to compact the mixture.
- Cook for 20-25mins until it turns golden on top. Let it cool in the tin then cut into 16 bars and store in an airtight tin.
These bars are rich and crumbly. Allow them to go completely cold before cutting and they will hold together better.