This pancake recipe was created by Hi-PRO
,a high protein peanut butter brand. It’s high protein-power comes from all-natural peanut ingredients, to ensure you are only putting quality forms of essential nutrition into your body.
For the pancakes
- 160g self-raising flour
- 2tbs smooth Hi-PRO peanut butter
- 2tbs caster sugar
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbs melted butter
- 1 egg
- 284ml buttermilk
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1tsp light olive or vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce
- 3tbs smooth Hi-PRO peanut butter
- 3tbs honey
- 2tbs melted butter
* Handful fresh blueberries
* Extra honey to drizzle
Serves: Makes about 9 pancakes. Serves 3
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the buttermilk, Hi-PRO peanut butter and egg, then add the milk. Once combined quickly add the butter and mix in.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix quickly with a fork being careful not to overwork. It may be a bit lumpy but that’s ok. The mixture should be a thick batter that will spread slightly when ladled into the pan.
- Leave to rest for five minutes.
- In the meantime, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat and add a few drops of oil. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan, a spoonful at a time, to create thick pancakes. Allow to cook until the surface bubbles and dries slightly then flip over.
- Once browned on each side, remove and keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes. Serve with a dollop of the glaze and a few blueberries. Add an extra drizzle of honey if desired.