This chocolate banana muffin recipe serves 12 and takes 30 minutes.
What you need:
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g oats
- 100g unrefined muscovado sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 150g Meridian Cocoa hazelnut butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 25g melted butter
- 125ml milk
- 2tbsp sunflower seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 200C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Combine the flour,baking powder, oats and sugar in a bowl, breaking up any lumps of sugar. In another bowl mix together the mashed bananas, nut butter, eggs butter and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and quickly combine together. Do not over mix, it’s fine to have a few lumps. Divide the mixture between the cases and top each muffin with a few sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the muffins are cooked through and spring back when you gently press the top.
- Cool on a wire wrack and serve just warm or keep in an airtight container and eat within 3-4 days.