Takes: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 tbsp Meridian Cocoa & Peanut Butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp sugar
- Icing sugar to serve
What you do:
- Heat the oven to 200C/ fan 180C. Roll out the pastry lengthways until it’s 3 – 4mm thick.
- Carefully spread the Cocoa & Peanut butter all over the pastry, right to the edges. With the short edge of the pastry closest to you, fold the top half down to sandwich the chocolate on the middle.
- Cut the pastry, top to bottom, into eight equal strips and transfer to a non-stick baking tray, twisting several times before you lay them down. Press the ends down onto the tray so they don’t unravel.
- Brush the top of each twist with the egg then sprinkle with a little sugar. Cook for 18-20 minutes until they are golden and puffed up. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar to serve.
Chef’s tip: Warm the Cocoa & Peanut Butter gently in the microwave for a few seconds for easier spreading.