Test out the recipe for this colourful courgette and tomato tart
- 250g readymade shortcrust pastry
- 4 courgettes
- 500g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 115g Gruyère cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese
- Handful fresh basil
- 4 medium eggs
- 225ml crème fraîche
- 90ml milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Use the pastry to line a 20-cm pie dish. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, then line with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and parchment and return to the oven for a further five minutes. Take the pastry case out of the oven and set aside.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 180ºC. Trim and thinly slice the courgettes. Halve the tomatoes.
- Grate the Gruyère cheese and vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese. Chop the basil. Beat the eggs together with the milk and the crème fraîche. Gently fry the courgette slices in the olive oil until beginning to brown, about five minutes.
- Put a layer of courgettes (about half of them) into a pastry case and cover with a layer of cherry tomatoes and a layer of Gruyère cheese into the egg mixture and carefully pour this over the top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese and bake for 40 minutes, until set and golden.
You can see more tasty recipes in our nutrition section.