After a hard workout, you need a recovery high protein dinner. This Spicy Chicken and Peanut Curry recipe is just the ticket to help you recover and get ready for your next session.
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless
- 1tsp ground coriander
- Salt and black pepper
- 1tbs light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4tbs Hi-PRO crunchy peanut butter
- 2tbs tomato puree
- 750ml chicken stock, made with one stock cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tbs peanuts, roughly chopped
- few sprigs fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 40g spring onions, sliced
- 200g brown rice
- Season the chicken thighs with the salt, pepper and coriander. Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or casserole dish with a lid and brown the chicken on all sides. Push to the side of the pan and turn down the heat to medium.
- Add the onions to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes then add the garlic, chillies and peppers and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in the Hi-PRO peanut butter, tomato puree, stock and bay leaf and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Put on the lid and cook on the hob or in the oven, if using an ovenproof dish, for about 45 minutes. Check occasionally and add a little more water if required.
- Once the chicken has cooked for about 30 minutes, cook the brown rice, then drain and mix in half the chopped coriander and half the spring onions
- When the time is up, check that the chicken is completely cooked through. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the remaining coriander and spring onions and the chopped peanuts for a delicious high protein dinner.
Casserole – Per 405g serving
|of which saturates||5.5g|
|of which sugars||12.1g|
Brown Rice – Per 300g serving
|of which saturates||0.9g|
|of which sugars||1.5g|
This recipe has been created by HI-Pro, a high protein peanut butter brand. It’s high protein-power comes from all-natural peanut ingredients, to ensure you are only putting quality forms of essential nutrition into your body.