Running and fitness online retail specialist, realbuzz.com has been unveiled as the new title sponsor for this autumn’s Richmond RUNFEST.
There is a new addition to the event line-up; the Richmond 5k: Pirate Run. Taking place at 12.30 on Saturday 15th September, the Richmond 5k: Pirate Run will enjoy an action packed journey round Old Deer Park. The race will be chip timed and runners will receive a t-shirt and race medal.
Over 8,000 runners will gather at Kew Gardens across the weekend of 15th and 16thSeptember to enjoy the sixth edition of this hugely popular running festival.
Paul Eaton, chief marketing officer at realbuzz.com says: “We are excited to be joining forces with one of the UK’s finest running festivals. We cannot wait to meet the thousands taking part, not only to provide expert training advice and the latest sports apparel and shoes but to support their running journeys and cheer them across the line in September.”
Tom Bedford, Race Director adds: “We are so proud to welcome realbuzz.com to the Richmond RunFest family and look forward to a brilliant festival in September. The two teams fit perfectly together with one common goal; to encourage more people of all ages and fitness abilities to enjoy the sport of running.
“Our new 5k is a much anticipated addition to our line up and we can’t wait to unveil the numerous surprises we have planned for the route. With our theme confirmed as Neverland, Peter Pan, mermaids, lost boys, crocodiles, Captain Hook and the Pirates of the Jolly Rogger will create a very magical race experience for thousands of families.”
The realbuzz.com Richmond RUNFEST races include:
- Saturday 15th: Newly unveiled and open for entries, Richmond 5k; Pirate Run, two loops of Old Deer Park (12.30). Race entry: £12.00. Followed by 1,500 kids running in the Richmond Kids Mile. Race entry: £10.
- Saturday 15th: London’s flattest 10k running entirely inside the Royal Botanic Gardens with views of the newly restored Temperate House. Flat, fast; great for PB hunters.
- Sunday 16th: Half and full marathon through Kew Gardens, Ham House and Hampton Court Palace.
- Sunday 16th: Family Mile, a fun run at Old Deer Park for children over the age of 5 and their families.
- Goddess of Victory Challenge: run two races across the weekend including 5k or 10k and half or full marathon to be in with the chance of an exclusive medal, Goddess of Victory ranking and prize money*
Charity places are still available for the 10k, half and full marathon – now’s the time to confirm your spot in this beautifully scenic race while fundraising for a fantastic cause. We’ll see you at the start line – for more information on each of the events visit www.richmondrunfest.com