Richmond’s hugely popular two day running festival returns to Kew Gardens on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September.
Over 10,000 runners will take on the realbuzz.com Richmond RUNFEST, including British long distance runner and 2017 Queen of Richmond, Charlotte Purdue and Double Commonwealth Medallist Michael Shelley in Saturday’s 10k.
Purdue will be looking to retain her title in the Kew Gardens 10k, beating last year’s race time of 34:37, all in preparation for this year’s New York marathon. Shelley will have his eyes set on becoming the new King of Richmond adding to his impressive achievements this year.
This year’s running festival is set to be bigger and better than ever before, here’s how:
- The Royal Botanic Gardens will transform into a magical wonderland of Peter Pan, mermaids, lost boys, Captain Hook and the Pirates of the Jolly Rogger.
- Record breaking entries for the sixth edition of the event
- 2018 will be the ‘greenest’ RUNFEST weekend so far
- Celebrating over 30,000 runners since day one of the Richmond RUNFEST journey (Sept 2013)
- More charity runners than ever before – nearly 2,000 people lacing up and donning Peter Pan inspired fancy dress for causes close to their heart
- On-course to raise £2million for local and national charities, including headline Great Ormond Street Hospital, over the past six years
- The first steps of many have been implemented to ensure a sustainable approach to the mass participation event including recyclable cups at water stations in Saturday’s 10k and Sunday’s half and full marathon.
- Brand new Richmond 5k; The Pirate Run takes place at 12.30 on Saturday 15th
- Runners will leave their kit bag in the one of the poshest, most exclusive kit bag tents in the world – the Kew Gardens national conservatory (the only other being the Queen’s swimming pool in Buckingham Palace!)
- Runner’s will take in sights of the largest Victorian glasshouse, the stunning and newly-opened Temperate House
This event is not to be missed! Entries are still open for the brand new 2018 Richmond 5k; Pirate Run, Saturday kids mile and family mile. Don’t miss out, sign up now www.richmondrunfest.com