The Sensation 3 is designed to be a dynamic high mileage running shoe.
It offers full ground contact, with the perfect mix of cushioning and responsiveness. It was made to make you feel faster, just like the 361-Meraki. The key difference is the little added stability for over pronators in the Sensation 3. The designers have ensured it is just enough to support you through your gait but it won’t slow you down!
• Breathable air mesh with open toe box design
• Fitz-Rite midfoot has soft internal webbing to hold the foot secure
• Pressure Free Tongue designed to provide comfort and avoid irritation
• The QU!K Spine is a carbon fiber plate that adds integrity to the midfoot
• QU!K Flex 4Foot engineering provides for natural and balanced toe off and enhances ground contact for better acceleration
• Powered by QU!KFOAM
We’ve been running in these shoes over the last eight weeks or so, incorporating the heatwave which put the breathability claims to the test and a couple of unexpected thunderstorms which put the traction to the test.
Running in the warm weather isn’t the most comfortable experience, but the airflow (due to the mesh holes on the upper) was impressive and appreciated.
The traction on the roads was great, even when wet, but these shoes aren’t a strong contender if you run over mixed terrain. On country lanes, there were a couple of stones that lodged themselves into the sole!
On longer runs, the shoe did remain comfortable. over 2-2.5hrs, the cushioning ensured comfort from beginning to end. It doesn’t offer natural foot movement though.
The colour, well, that’s always down to personal taste but it wouldn’t be our first choice! Style aside, the shoes still feel as comfortable as they did on the first couple of outings. They’re definitely going to be pounding the pavements for a while yet!
UK retail price is £119.99 / Website
- Price: 119.99